WHO's WHO?

It is exactly one month since I updated this blog. I know no one's is going to see this post but, I still want to give it a try. On my latest post, I said that I am going to post a play review about No Filter but it seems like I haven't even started my draft yet. But this time my post is an essay I wrote not so long time ago. This entitled,"Who's Who?".


 ~.~.~.~.~.~.


      I always wanted to be in the movies. Cameras, makeup, script, fans. I love removing myself, pretending to be someone else, imitating and being imitated. But I know that it takes time to be an actress. You should have a pretty face, good angle, talent? (I'm not sure if talent is still included). As time passed by, I thought of being on stage. No need for cameras. Just lights and audience. Same thing, I still want to act differently to my real self. Have you ever thought of switching your personality to a different one believing that it might help you move on from the past? A mainstream mantra says, "BE YOU." Do we really know ourselves from the first place? Does being happy means we already found who we really are? I used to be a "fun" person. Yeah, I used to make everyone laugh. Some people even define me as their "clown". A hopeless clown. I have read a tweet before saying,"The lonliest people are those who always make you laugh." I'm not saying that I'm lonely in a way that I always feel alone. There are just times in our lives that we tend to doubt the world. I love making people happy. Seeing them smile is just the most precious thing to see. Make people happy so they can make you happy. But I always think that it is better to make others smile without expecting a something in return. A line from a drama once said, "Before I met you, I didn't know it was possible to live this happily in this world. And now I want to give you the same happiness you gave me." I hope someday, people will learn the meaning of priceless.

     When I said that I wanted to be in the movies, I thought happiness will be there. Because I know that I can make people happy. Maybe not with my real self but, at least I can make them smile. But right now, you don't see me in movies nor on stage. And I'm not sure if you're even smiling while reading this or just criticizing my writing way. But I don't anymore care about what you think about this essay. But I hope this may serve as an encouragement to be more happy in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts