"Open the gate to a second chance in life."

It's been a long time since I updated and I'm very sorry for that (due to my "extreme" busy schedule and this is the only time I had a time in updating my blog). So here's an another film review from my latest adventure.

October 8, Thursday

2015 Korean Film Festival in Manila hosted by the Korean Cultural Center of the Philippines was held last last week and my friend, Meekee and I decided to attend the premiere night at SM Megamall. It is our first Korean Film Fest that's why we're both so excited to watch the opening show. This year's KFF theme entitled "Strings of Affinity". Korean Film Festival featured seven films that talks about the different aspects of humanity: Miss Granny (2014), The Front Line (2011), Hope (2013), Cold Eyes (2013), The Thieves (2012), Marriage Blues (2013), and Duresori: The Voice of the East (2012). 

We watched 'Miss Granny' (the opening show), I actually picked this film since I badly wanted to watch it since last year because of my ultimate B1A4 bias, Jung Jinyoung. Yes, I watched because of him. Forgive me. 'Miss Granny is about a 74-year-old widow Oh Mal Soon (Na Moon-hee) that is about to be sent into a retirement home by her son. Sad and dismayed, she decides to have her funeral portrait on a mysterious photo studio. After taking the photo, she dumbfounded see her self back into her 20-year-old self (Shim Eun-kyung). Without anyone recognizing her, Mal Soon decides to make the most out of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. She renamed herself Oh Doo-ri and pursues her dream on becoming a singer together with her grandson Ji Ha (Jung Jinyoung)who doesn't have any idea that she is his grandmother. 

The film is a mixture of comedy and drama. It talks about love between family members. What really hit me in this film is it will make you realize how our parents love us in a way that they will really sacrifice everything just for us. It will give you the feeling of appreciation to our parents and also to our beloved grandparents. There are parts in the film which they focused about the treatment of the community to senior citizens. Like the part when Mal Soon's son decides to send his mother to the retirement home. There are also parts where attitudes, personalities, and characters of our typical lolos and lolas are shown. The dynamic changes of each generation are also considered in the story. Through out the movie, I was actually laughing and crying (and I'm very sorry Meekee for hitting you all the time lol). All in all, 'Miss Granny' is a beautiful story about how true love can be found inside the family.

October 8, 2015
The 2015 Korean Film Festival in Manila ran from October 8-11, 2015.

Comments

Popular Posts